Need a simple and quick idea to decorate your interior for Halloween?
Make Halloween Garlands! Not easy to come up with ideas?
Today I suggest you download HERE my poster in A4 format with original illustrations in order to print it at home and make a pretty Halloween garland to cut out to decorate the house. I suggest this creative activity because it can be done alone or with the family: We take the opportunity to teach children to cut, glue and draw!
How to make a Halloween garland?
Making a garland is quite simple, you just need to have the basic materials and cut out shapes on paper according to the theme of your choice (Halloween in our case).
But for some finding inspiration ( 📌 see my inspiration board ) can be difficult and for others it's having to draw that is the problem.
That's why I made this poster: All you have to do is print it and follow this tutorial to have a unique decoration at home (and it allows you to do a little activity with the children!).
Here is the step-by-step tutorial for making a Halloween garland at home.
What do you need to make your Halloween garlands?Very simply, you will need the following equipment:
- A string (jute in my case)
- The poster (download link here)
- ...and this tutorial 😉
- Download the poster and print it on thick paper (minimum 200gr) I used Clairefontaine 250gr paper.
- Cut out all the elements, leaving a margin of white paper of a few millimeters.
- Cut about 2m of yarn of your choice
- Hang the thread with the tape on the back of the images
- Your garland is finished: Hang it in your living room, on the front door, in short! Where you want !
Watch this video to see in pictures the creation of the Halloween garland.
To complete your Halloween home decoration, you can add other decorative elements such as candies, (classic) pumpkins, luminous elements, (more or less) scary posters.
It's up to you to choose what you prefer!
I look forward to seeing your accomplishments; send me photos of your works on Instagram @djangoandcocoshop !